page 60

it seems You, Your wine fragrance,
has took its last breath

and the water in Your soul
evaporated somewhere else.

all that remains is a red-purple ring
of Love's circumference;

what remains no longer can be drunk.

no longer can it be longed for.


:::


The Ludicrous Dialogue:

the Poor:

"i struggle to make ends meet,
but i have support.
i have little that is much.
this much keeps me rich."

the Rich:

"i do not struggle to make ends meet.
they are met and will be met,
and i have support if i need it.
i have much that is a little.
this little keeps me poor."


:::


a hug---embrace.
i run---inside myself.
from what?                    
i guess i will confide;

i still run from a hug
i never gave myself.
but how?                    
when i have arms
at my side?


:::


upon a Japanese snow lantern
she perches;

tick movements of the head
and an ebony eye ceased in looking.

she disarms my legs,
telling me Stop.

A Japanese snow lantern
is the most beautiful focal point

of a Japanese garden.

my eyes dance across the scenery before me;

sleeping pond,
talking trees,
wind laughing,
bugs traveling.

the dove says then,

You have seen the place of beauty
at the point of its most beautiful.

But why not did you look at yourself?
There is more than one lantern

in this garden---
other beautiful scenery.


Comments

Most Viewed

page 73

page 1

page 69