page 72

church bells still ring in winter,
clear and sounding.

      this is what my heart learned.


:::


you are a seabed rock
and the ocean water is the world around you;

it is your choice

to be oppressed and rounded
by the water

or be fortified against the current
as an obstacle

for the water.


:::


life is not an answer you want;

it is an answer to no question.

simply a response
to an ordinary knowing.


:::


sir! sir? are you ok?

...Yes.

ok, i'm sorry to disturb you.
i thought you might've passed out!

That is kind of you. No I am ok,
I was just meditating.

you were? i've never seen that pose before.

I call it the Tipped-Crown Pose;

my head is my crown and
when I rest it on the ground,

that is when it has become tipped over
and powerless.

In this pose, the heart sits higher than the mind.
With my head grounded and silenced,

I can hear my heart speak freely and truthfully.

interesting. i've never heard that before.
what was your heart saying---
if you don't mind me asking.

Well, now, I am sitting upright.
For that answer,

I will have to tip my crown again.

Comments

Most Viewed

page 73

page 1

page 69