page 36

give what is not yours because
what is not yours was given to you

to give;

live and let live.
give and let give.


:::


Knowledge:
"What say you and I
set this one straight---
let it be the end-all-be-all."

Wisdom:
"As you wish my friend.
What will it be then?"

Knowledge:
"Brilliant! Well, let's begin
with stating everything
we know--our greatest lessons
we've learned! You start."

Wisdom:
"I'm sorry but---I don't think
I have much to say in regards
to lessons I've learned."

Knowledge:
"Oh I don't believe that
for a second! You're the Wise
one. Come on then!"

Wisdom:
"My friend, maybe you know
all the lessons, but I only know
one--its more of a teaching actually."

Knowledge:
"Hmm. Go on."

Wisdom:
"All I know and all I have been taught
is bewilderment."

Knowledge:
"Bewilderment!"

Wisdom:
"Yes. A constant state of confusion
propels me to ask questions."


:::


people don't understand
what's wrong in a head.

they'd rather look at a scratch
or crutch-walk or a bruise or a cut
or an accident-story---
what-when-how'd it happen?

flip the switch and all of the sudden
when you can't feel heat from the oven---
pain through the door
for which your hand can't reach,
people get scared at apologies they can't preach

because when logos-ethos-pathos
change from philosophy to pathology,
those on the outside refuse to reconfigure
their own -ologies about someone they love;

give up what you thought
because what another head thinks is: help;

see the intentions
isolation and smiles half worn
its a silent siren going off
that no one should ignore.

so, implore mercy on them and on you
and welcome heresy.


:::


half-moon,
where is your other side?

It is there, only shy.

how do you reveal yourself?

The sun is the dial
by which I show my true self.

I wait with Solar Conviction
until I can be a true, full, lunar vixen.





Comments

Most Viewed

page 73

page 1

page 69