page 91

exist as a lightning bolt;

strike quickly.
strike fervently.

strike purposefully

through the far reaches
of the hollow stomach

of the sky---
to the brightest degree you allow.


:::


our gift of living
is as insignificant as a blink

of lightning;

our gift of living, augmented
by the life of our contributions,

rolls and tumbles
like a boulder-avalanche

of thunder.


:::


She
stood before the crowd and said,

"Today, I stand between the shoulders
of men. I am smaller in stature. I am
am shorter in height. My voice is higher
in pitch upon delivery. I am suppressed
from the the edge of my skin to the
schemas of my womanhood. Today,
I stand between the shoulders of men.
I am smaller in stature. I am shorter
in height. My voice is higher in pitch
upon delivery. I have not put myself
in between but at the center of a truth
which no longer can be suppressed.
Today, I stand in the center of the shoulders
of men. I stand with my feet
on this platform, whose feet beside
me lay equally."


:::


i have learned now

to spend smaller moments
with more of myself.


:::


when we hear we are missed by another

it is not a sentiment that leads
promiscuously to the breasts of our ego;

it is a nostalgia of love that remains
warm---

a fresh loaf of bread welcoming
a taste for a later time.


Comments

Most Viewed

page 73

page 1

page 69