page 131

i was a lake. but your love
carved me into a river;

when winter walks
between the trees of us,

i will not freeze over.
my love for you

will be moving,
keep moving,
still moving, always.


:::


the silence i long for
can be found
in the leafless dregs of winter.

a widely accessible silence
that gives the appearance of rarity
within the noise.

out here---when i cease my step---
i may believe
i can hear my own blood
being pumped through my arteries.

out here---thought decomposes
to feeling.

out here---i disappear into


:::


i thought i knew of love...

never did i anticipate
being a light bulb
swallowed by the sun.

a persistent yearning for discernment

showed me
a true love

will make me a star
leaning on the infinitude of space.


:::


there are too many open doors
in this burning building.

the smoke says,
Why don't you stick around?

it took this burning building and open doors
to remind me there is always another exit;

there is always a means of letting go.

to that---i jumped out of a window
at the realization i was falling on the flight
of an unfamiliar repose.


:::


the buddhist seeks the path to nirvana.
the hindu seeks the path to nirvana.
the christian seeks the path to salvation.
the muslim seeks the path to enlightenment.

love seeks the path onward

and lets all other paths be traveled.

Comments

Most Viewed

page 73

page 1

page 69