page 20

triggered Your greatest hurts.
pleaded for You to cry.

     conquer stride conquer
     across Your own tears.

i feel a new warmth inside.


:::


surround the impatient one with
black sheets,

so he may not see
with his eyes.

force him to see with his other eyes.

only then, will he know the unknown
was what he has always known.


:::


you are neither special nor unimportant.
you are neither rich nor poor.
you are neither wise nor foolish.
you are neither courageous nor fearful.
you are neither scent nor odorlessness.
you are neither city nor grassy plains.
you are neither knowledge nor ignorance.
you are neither belonging nor be-drifting.
you are neither here nor nowhere.
you are neither miracle nor coincidence.
you are neither these words nor their definitions.

you are both

excluded 

and included among all.


:::


cut wood as planks
and you see its knots and its shredded scars.

cut wood as cylindrical pieces
and you see its layers;

you see endless circles of learning,
of living, of growing, of loving, of surviving.

the knots and scars are visible within the fraction
but hidden within the whole


:::


fire, so seductive.

flicks and ticks
lighting night with a flush yellow coo.

it says, "Please, put your hands on me.
No, not there. Here.

Touch not my skin.
I have, for you, a burning that is in."

Touch me there and I,
touch you with the pained-truth of me."


:::


so what do i have to do
to be with you?

You.

just me?

Just that.

how so?

Why not?

is that a trick question?

A trick question is that.

the question is the trick?

Absolutely.

why?

The questioning itself.

so do i---

Stop. The trick that is a question
is asking with an answer.

...i am with you.

Yes, always. Ask nothing
and I answer with everything.


:::


make me laugh.

i cannot put my finger on it,
but laughing is

some temporary form of 
coming home;

when we laugh together,
we will become, momentarily,

heaven on earth.


:::


You say, Be prepared for my arrival.

i ask, "how?" and return to a worrying state.

just as i begin to worry, You give;

a contractor who never answered my door
and yet, i have his tools next to me.


:::


independent wandering
is the primary life within getting lost

    ,but together-wandering
could be just as lost as the former.

wait a moment longer
    ;let God become the semicolon

between us. 


Comments

Most Viewed

page 73

page 1

page 69