page 42

I will take the 'I' title away;

ok, i am. this is how i stay.

i am gone from Self;

     without You, i am only that---
     less;

     i am less, but i am something else
     in You. and You are, in my eyes---
     More;

     to be i is to be less is
     to be You is to be More.


:::


permanence defeats sensitivity...

which defeats reflection...

which defeats gratitude...

which defeats heart-motion;

permanence amputates     
the legs of the soul.     


:::


i will use this prefix "re-"
to describe You and me.

again and again;

re-reaper at my door,
here again once more,
telling me "Sweetheart---
there is more in store."

re-my love everlasting,
a drown without gasping,
take me in till You hit
ocean sand-bed crashing.

re-autumn mourning-leaves,
winter quick as a sneeze i am,
buried with snowcapped ease,
when i think i am ready---
i ask please

re-Spring without cease,
this is how You answer;

     You grow, again.



Comments

Most Viewed

page 73

page 1

page 69