page 44

i met the Restitute.
it was a brief conversation;

do i get back what i lost?

No.

wait, but you're the---

No. You don't get back what was lost.
If you want that ask Ruminate. Look kid,
are you asking for a payout or something? 

well, no but someone i know has hurt m---

I know what you are going to ask for
and I cannot help you...ok, listen,
I am going to tell you I am out of apologies,
and Equality hates what I do. Acceptance 
told me once that being ok with what
you lost or what never came
gets you an in to see someone else.

who? 

Grace, I gotta go.

hey wait!

Yeah, what?

thanks.

Yeah, well, some of us have to tell the truth.



:::


take me to your almond orchard
in full bloom.

there, i must be. And by be, i mean bee;

my soul splitting out into a chorus of yellow
and black bumbling and buzzing.

dispersed and perched on twenty million flowers, 
i will bee;

i will not walk with you and will not be with you.
i will bee everywhere with you.


:::


pillar pillar standing there
how may you stand?

I stand stiller.

stiller is all you stand for?

You asked me of my standing,
but "for" you asked naught.

ok, what for then?

Fragility against gravity is what I stand for.

but aren't you about being strong?

My friends, they are for that.
Earth tips its hat, though,
and they regret that strength,
for they lie rubble flat.

how can that be?

They never imagined weakness
and by that I mean this:

I imagine I am already broken.
I pretend I am already cracked.
I defend my falling against The Force.
I then grow and I am stacked, higher and high.

i am so perplexed by your standing!

That is fair. 
I mean to say, I never stand for strength;

I think the opposite and  by a building hand,
I stand,

becoming strength itself.



Comments

Most Viewed

page 73

page 1

page 69