page 29

is the child in us ever gone?

how did we become
stagnant, branchy-things

when we used to be
whimsical and wistful wind-fants?

do not let your hands turn to wood;

burn them in
the innocence of a campfire song.

scrape your knees.

make imagination your north star,
and heal by the direction you change;

be a wind-fant again;

go play. go where you
                                take yourself.


:::


dear Ms. Blessings,

thank you for being my techer
who teched me when i did not like scool.

you are nice. you are funny.
you make scool fun.

sinserly,
scool-student


:::


father: son, could you get me that rope
in the garage?

son: Yeah!

father: thank you.

son: oyu're welcome. what are you doing
with the piano daddy?

father: i've got to put a rope around it
so i can pull it to a new spot
in the house. it's very heavy,
so i have to pull it on wheels.

son: can i help?

father: oh thank you son, but it's
really heavy.

son: that's ok.

father: that's very nice of you, but 
i won't need your help today.
thank you though!

~

father: (alright, here goes nothin'.)

son: (grunting)

father: son? 

son: yeah daddy?

father: where are you?

son: back here.

father: what are you doing back there?

son: i'm helping you!

father: son, i told you, you don't--
kk. how 'bout this--you push and i pull?
sound good?

son: yeah, yeah!


:::


you! crook! stop right there!
You can run, but catch me, you cannot!

you're going to pay for this!
I will pay for this you fool!

wait, what!
Ha! You will see. I have robbed you rich!

no you didn't! you stole everything from me!
I did! Go back to your store! Give up!

no! i'm going to---, damn it!
I've robbed you rich!

great! this is just great.
It is great.

shut up! you've taken everything from me!
I will give more in return.

why does his happen to me?
You were robbed by a Blessing-in-Disguise.

Comments

Most Viewed

page 73

page 1

page 69